The mission of the Ouje-Bougoumou Fire Department is to serve the community by protecting lives, property and the environment through prevention, education and immediate professional response to all emergencies. Our highly trained firefighters along with a dedicated team of volunteer firefighters, are ready to respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As of September 2018, the roles and responsibilities formerly administered by the office Public Safety were transferred to the fire department and are now overseen by the fire chief and the fire prevention officer.
These roles and responsibilities include:
- Search and rescue missions
- Wellness checks to ensure the safety and well-being of community members who may require assistance during an emergency
- Providing public security at community events and gatherings
- Yearly home and building inspections
- Supervision of fire drills in all public buildings
- Visits to local school to meet and interact with students while teaching them about fire prevention and safety.
- Enforcement of animal control bylaws